You’ll often hear our team use the phrase, “Always be launching!” What we mean by that is don’t have one Launch Weekend, and then pack up the Launch Kit and stow it in that room in the rectory basement that no one ever goes in.
The Launch Kit is meant to be used all the time. For instance, your Launch Kit included a banner that is specific to your parish. Keep it up!
It’s a good idea to move the banner from time to time, since people get used to seeing it. You might put it in the narthex for a few weeks, and then move it to your parish hall. You might put it in the school or religious education entrance for awhile. The point is, you’ll always have new people who will see it for the first time, and you might have parishioners who’ll simply notice it for the first time. In any case, keeping that banner front and center is a great way to remind people to use myParish App.
We spent some time talking with Kathryn Mulderink at St. Isidore Catholic Church in Grand Rapids, MI. She shares some great “always launching” tips here:
You’ve had a successful launch! Parishioners are excited about the app, and people are using it.
In a word: Relaunch. Now that doesn’t mean you have to have another big, pull-out-all-the-stops weekend. Instead, think about “relaunching” like maintenance.
Here in Applandia, we have a great hardware store. It’s got everything you need to fix a leaky pipe, clean the vinyl siding on your house, regrout your tub or rake the leaves. (Yeah, it’s not exciting, but it’s got to be done.) Better yet, the Applandia hardware store is staffed with terrific people who can help. You don’t know what tool to use? Not sure how to get that pipe back on once you’ve got it off? We can help.
Here are a few ideas for “Relaunch” or app maintenance:
- Include information about the app in your parish’s welcome packet. Be sure to mention it when new parishioners stop in the office to register.
- Be sure to put information about myParish App in parent information packets for back-to-school and religious ed. The Groups feature is a terrific way for teachers and parents to communicate.
- Make sure your parish leaders/staff know that the app should be their “go-to” for communication. While the Groups feature is great for Bible studies, small groups and RCIA, it’s equally terrific for making sure the choir members know which pieces of music to bring for practice, or for sending out the Pastoral Council minutes before the next meeting.
- Remind parishioners via all your communications channels about myParish App. Put information about how to download in your bulletin on a regular basis. The same goes for your parish Facebook page.
- If you have a Time/Talent/Treasure or Stewardship Sunday, make sure you include an information table about the app.
Relaunching won’t be burdensome if you follow these suggestions. And if you have a question or need some help, our friendly support staff (just like the folks at the hardware store) will be happy to lend a hand. Give us a call at 1-800-997-8805.