Remind your parishioners frequently about myParish App.
Now that you’ve got myParish App up and running, you can just sit back and watch your Analytics improve, right?
Sadly, no. We humans are a forgetful bunch. You’ve launched myParish App, you’ve had Download Sunday … and there are still lots of parishioners who don’t know about the App. How can you improve this?
Here are just a couple of ideas:
- Bulletin announcements – add them in once a month
- Use banners, bulletin, bring the t-shirts out from your Launch Kit
- Download Sunday again – “Redownload” or “myParish App Reminder Sunday”
- Make myParish a presence at parish events and/or group gatherings.
Doing just one or two of these will help in the long run. Remember, myParish App – with just a few minutes of your time each week – will help keep your parishioners informed and connected to their faith.
You’ve had a successful launch! Parishioners are excited about the app, and people are using it.
In a word: Relaunch. Now that doesn’t mean you have to have another big, pull-out-all-the-stops weekend. Instead, think about “relaunching” like maintenance.
Here in Applandia, we have a great hardware store. It’s got everything you need to fix a leaky pipe, clean the vinyl siding on your house, regrout your tub or rake the leaves. (Yeah, it’s not exciting, but it’s got to be done.) Better yet, the Applandia hardware store is staffed with terrific people who can help. You don’t know what tool to use? Not sure how to get that pipe back on once you’ve got it off? We can help.
Here are a few ideas for “Relaunch” or app maintenance:
- Include information about the app in your parish’s welcome packet. Be sure to mention it when new parishioners stop in the office to register.
- Be sure to put information about myParish App in parent information packets for back-to-school and religious ed. The Groups feature is a terrific way for teachers and parents to communicate.
- Make sure your parish leaders/staff know that the app should be their “go-to” for communication. While the Groups feature is great for Bible studies, small groups and RCIA, it’s equally terrific for making sure the choir members know which pieces of music to bring for practice, or for sending out the Pastoral Council minutes before the next meeting.
- Remind parishioners via all your communications channels about myParish App. Put information about how to download in your bulletin on a regular basis. The same goes for your parish Facebook page.
- If you have a Time/Talent/Treasure or Stewardship Sunday, make sure you include an information table about the app.
Relaunching won’t be burdensome if you follow these suggestions. And if you have a question or need some help, our friendly support staff (just like the folks at the hardware store) will be happy to lend a hand. Give us a call at 1-800-997-8805.